Thursday, April 21, 2011

New Blog Awards!

Two blog awards in one day! I am thrilled to say the least and want to thank What's Scrappin! and Creating with Gypsy. When I first heard about "blogging" I never pictured myself even starting my own blog. Now, I look forward to posting to my blog and, most of all, enjoy visiting so many incredibly talented people through their blogs. As you can see in a previous post I participated in a "Link the Love" party through Getting Cricky with K Andrew and I spent many hours marveling at the talent and creativity out there. Through one of the blogs I started following ... What's Scrappin! ... I have received this blog award ... thank you so much!!!


Rules of Award Acceptance 
  1. Right-click on the award and save it to your desktop for use when you add it to your blog.
  2. Choose FIVE (5) worthy recipients and list them. Next to their blog name, give ONE reason why you think their blog is special. What catches your eye about them? What do you love?
  3. On your blog page, list 5 things about yourself. Include at least one thing you enjoy about your craft.
With accepting any of the blog awards I find the hardest thing is to talk about myself ... so I'm just letting you know this part took me some time. Here we go.
  1. I have been married for almost 29 years and it doesn't even feel like it's been that long ... LOL
  2. I love being a member of Disney Vacation Club and enjoy my annual trips to Disney World.
  3. I enjoy spending the day in my scrap room ... just makes me smile! You can see why by looking at the March 19th post. :)
  4. I love my Nook!
  5. I am a night owl!
    
Now, the fun part is my recipients of this award:
  1. Jacque  at Jacque's Joie de Vivre ... be prepared to have your breath taken away by the beauty of her cards!
  2. Patty at The Crafty Kitten ... some of the cutest cards and tutorial.
  3. Beatriz at Amazing Grace ... I've been following Bea's blog for some time now and love when she has a new post ... you will see what I mean when you see her layouts!
  4. Wanda at My Happy Place ... I just love this lady!!! You will enjoy looking at the cards and layouts on this stinkin' cute blog!!
  5. Nancy  at Crafting Passions ... Just love her cards!
Yup, picking my recepients was so much easier than figuring out what to say about myself. I know you will enjoy visiting these blogs ... creativity at its finest.

A big thanks again to What's Scrappin! for this blog award!

I received the following blog award from Tina at Creating with Gypsy. The first thing I did notice though was the picture Tina had on her blog ... I remembered her blog well cause the first time I saw it I thought "McDreamy scraps?!?!". You will just have to visit her blog to see what I mean ... heehee.

I am to write 7 things about my self and pass on to 15 people ... you know how I feel about writing about myself so you have 5 above and here are two more:
  1. I love crocheting but haven't done much. I seem to have a problem with measuring a correct size for afghans. My first one would have been perfect if you were 7' tall and narrow of body ... my second one is looking like I should be doing this for basketball players cause it is perfect if you are 8' tall and just about as narrow as the first one. :)
  2. I love to plan trips to Disney World. Okay, I know it's a "duh" moment, but like I said I have a really hard time writing about myself.  
 I'll list ten more recipients since I have five listed above.
  1. Arlene at Butterfly Kisses ... some of the most beautiful cards I have seen!
  2. Emily at Create Serendipity ... I started following her blogs through "Link the Love" and fell in love with her mini albums ... gorgeous! 
  3. Joy and Melanie at Everyday Cricut ... I never get tired of looking through this blog. 
  4. Lea at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine ... Just some of the cutest cards I've seen.
  5. Tosh at Stamp Talk with Tosh ... fantastic cards all through her blog.
  6. Lori at Scrappin' My Stress Away ... she has some really cute layouts and some interesting techniques.
  7. Kylie at Rock is Dead! ... I just love her layouts and I know you will too.
  8. Michelle at me & my scraps ... just a little bit of everything and it's all so creative.
  9. Crystal at Little Creations ... you will see some wonderful layouts & tutorials here!!
  10. Scrap Bites ... cards, layouts, tutorials and more!
Whew this has taken awhile to finish ... be sure to check out all these blogs because I know you will enjoy your time there.

Thanks for dropping by ....

5 comments:

magicwanda said...

Yippie Cheryl !!!!!
I am so excited to get this award from you.. It means a lot thanks so much for all the kind things you said about me and I feel the same way about you from one Disney nut to another!!!
Big Hugs Wanda

NancyD said...

Cheryl,

Thank you very much for this wonderful award. Such a treat that you would think of my work. I really apreciated getting to know you a little by your post today. Even though it is difficult to talk about ourselves it is so nice to understand the person behind the craft.

Thanks again!!
Nancy

Cat said...

Hi Cheryl! Thanks so much for honoring me with an award. That is so sweet of you. I love your blog also, it's adorable.
Oh and I was LOL when you mentioned McDreamy on Creating with Gypsy because I thought the same thing when I first visited her blog! LOL!

Patty B said...

Thanks for the blog award! It was a nice surprise to get this! Hugs!!

Patty
Craftykitten1.blogspot.com

Grace Baxter said...

Hi Cheryl. I want to welcome you as a new follower of my blog. Also, congratulations on being awarded my "A Thing of Beauty" award which I created a few months ago. I love seeing it pop up all over the web. As a courtesy, I have asked that recipients create a link from the award back to my blog. Somehow, that request has been dropped from some blogs in the list of requirements. The purpose of the link is so that I can follow the trail and visit the blogs of all those sites that are truly "A Thing of Beauty.

~Grace
http://gracenotes4today.blogspot.com