Last night there was a speed scrap at MouseScrappers. If you haven't done a speed scrap yet ... you should really try one at MouseScrappers. Obviously, all layouts relate to Disney, but it is a lot of fun and challenging. You are given seven instructions over the course of one hour and then given a time limit to finish and post to the gallery. Sometimes the time limit is 4 hours ... or sometimes it goes to 12 hours. The host will post when layouts are due. You also get a fantastic participation prize for uploading your layout. Confused??? I sure was when I first started. Then add a healthy dose of nerves to have to get a layout done in a set amount of time. I'm so addicted now ... here is my layout from last night:
1. Pick 4 photos.
2. Use at least 2 different patterned papers and one solid paper. You may use more, but this is the minimum.
3. Use one paper for your background, no stacking. You can have smaller mats, paper strips or blocks, but only one background paper.
4. I want to see 2-4 mini clusters, no big clusters. Think in terms of a mini cupcake vs. a full size cupcake. I want your clusters to be bite sized.
5. Add a scatter or two, and two or more hand doodled items (frames, shapes, word art etc.)
6. Use two alphas or fonts or a mix of both for your title.
7. Date, journal at least a line or two, and add your finishing touches.
You choose your pictures and kits ... just make sure to list them when you upload to the gallery so those designers are given credit. For this layout I used Template Freebie #16 by MJ-AJ Designs, Crash Test Dummy by Natalie's Place Designs, Crash Test Dummy Add-On by Natalie's Place Designs, Fonts: Crazy Harold & DJB Smarty Pants.
Hope you enjoyed this explanation of a speed scrap and thanks for dropping by!